Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Barker Animation Art Gallery Grand Opening

If you've ever been a fan of cartoons or you still are, then you should make time this weekend to visit the grand opening gala for the Barker Animation Art Gallery.

The gallery is the newest addition to the The Villages at Gulfstream in Hallandale Beach, Fla.  The celebration will go from Nov. 5 to Nov. 7, 2010 from noon to 8 p.m.

In honor of the event, Disney fine artist, Tim Rogerson will be present for all 3 days of the gala to dedicate and embellish artwork in the gallery for purchase.



On Saturday the 6th at 1:30 p.m., Rogerson will be painting live in the gallery.  No word on what he plans to paint, but on his blog he says that good old Mickey Mouse has always been his favorite character to recreate.
"I've been drawing the mouse since I was 4 years old and I'm always pushing myself to create new ways to draw Mickey Mouse.  Mickey will always be my favorite subject and I'm always searching for that perfect portrait of Mickey Mouse. I'll never get there but the journey is so much fun!"
The Villages at Gulfstream is located at:
1270 Seabiscuit Trail, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009. The new gallery is directly across from The Container Store, next to Crate & Barrel.
1(888) 224-2357

No comments:

Post a Comment